Not a day goes by that a bride does not ask me the question; “What type of shoe should I wear with my wedding dress?”
The wedding shoe often very clearly reflects the bride’s personality. Anyone that knows me can tell you that I love shoes. So my opinion is that “there are no rules”. The styles and colors are limitless in today’s bridal arena.
Here are some guidelines that you should keep in mind that may help you select your wedding shoes.
* Purchase the shoes after selecting your bridal gown but prior to the first fitting.
* Always consider the comfort factor, especially regarding heel height and style (i.e., toe shape).
* Keep the heel height in mind when choosing a dress.
* Consider your wedding venue when selecting your shoe.
* Try on a few different styles and select a style that is flattering not only to your foot but leg and ankle shape.
* Don’t rule out a plain shoe as you can always embellish it with jewelry.
* Finally if possible, buy two pairs. That way you can change your shoe style for comfort during the party or just in case you have a mishap i.e. (broken heel) you always have a back-up pair.